• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I'll Name the Food, You Name the Movie

Pontormo

Fairly recent:

Jarlsburg grilled cheese sammich

Was forced to watch "The Devil wears Prada" last night.

Anyone for a "Corn Dodger"?

I have a horrible feeling that corn dodgers were in the Little House on the Prairie, the movie not the series??

don't blame me, blame the kids :raz:

Fairly recent:

I have a horrible feeling that corn dodgers were in the Little House on the Prairie, the movie not the series??

Possibly but my reference is to a movie

Fairly recent:

I mean the movie, yep there was one :blink:

Fairly recent:

oh, is it True Grit?? hehehe

Fairly recent:

oh, is it True Grit?? hehehe

Ding! Ding!

Plate o' Shrimp is indeed from the wonderfully twisted Repo Man.  Not only is it part of Tracy Walter's dialogue, but on a poster at the store that was famously robbed, it was a special that day.

Here's one:

eggs, oysters, whipped cream

Tampopo? (I can't remember a whipped cream scene, but I can't forget the eggs and the oysters).

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

Diane Keaton orders a pastrami on white with tomato, lettuce and mayo in Annie Hall hmmmm, is that sandwich too big for the answer?? Are you looking for just pastrami and mayo?? hehehe actually I'm not too sure :smile:

3. Crullers & a hot dog (or sausage). And there's a trivia bonus for behind the scenes of the film ("How'd they do that?") involving Jello

Let me also add "apples" to this puzzle. There's another clue that's a dead giveaway but I'll hold off on it for now.

So it'd be:

Crullers, apples & a hot dog (or sausage). And there's a trivia bonus for behind the scenes of the film ("How'd they do that?") involving Jello

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

The secret to eggplant parmesean, is extra cheese.

Hint:  Our govenor in his glory days, and an actor who comes up short (in very few ways)!

surely you don't mean Twins??? :rolleyes:

Doink, yes I did! Say was that a Big Kahuna Burger? That's one tasty MF'er.

"I drink to make other people interesting".

3. Crullers & a hot dog (or sausage). And there's a trivia bonus for behind the scenes of the film ("How'd they do that?") involving Jello

Let me also add "apples" to this puzzle. There's another clue that's a dead giveaway but I'll hold off on it for now.

So it'd be:

Crullers, apples & a hot dog (or sausage). And there's a trivia bonus for behind the scenes of the film ("How'd they do that?") involving Jello

Wizard of Oz? All I can think of is that the Horse of Many Colors was painted with powdered Jello.

And. . .how about egg yolk, a turkey drumstick, and birthday cake?

April

One cantaloupe is ripe and lush/Another's green, another's mush/I'd buy a lot more cantaloupe/ If I possessed a fluoroscope. Ogden Nash

Plate o' Shrimp is indeed from the wonderfully twisted Repo Man.  Not only is it part of Tracy Walter's dialogue, but on a poster at the store that was famously robbed, it was a special that day.

Here's one:

eggs, oysters, whipped cream

Tampopo? (I can't remember a whipped cream scene, but I can't forget the eggs and the oysters).

Hai! Gozaimashita!

Also called "Dandelion", it's in my top five of all time. Too bad Mr Juzo Itami is no longer with us.

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com

...there's a trivia bonus for behind the scenes of the film ("How'd they do that?") involving Jello

I think I finally got one...

The Ten Commandments. They used Jello to part the red sea.

So here's another...

"And two fried eggs, two poached eggs, two scrambled eggs, and two medium-boiled eggs."

"And two hard-boiled eggs."

Karen C.

"Oh, suddenly life’s fun, suddenly there’s a reason to get up in the morning – it’s called bacon!" - Sookie St. James

Travelogue: Ten days in Tuscany

A classic burger with ketchup, coleslaw ("If I can get it on here"), and pickles. "As soon as I finish this, I never want to see you again."

How to Marry a Millonaire.

great movie!

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

So it'd be:

Wizard of Oz? All I can think of is that the Horse of Many Colors was painted with powdered Jello.

DING! DING! (or should that be "DING DONG"?) We have a winnah, folks! :laugh:

Auntie Em brings out hot crullers shortly before Dorothy sings "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".

The hot dog/sausage was what Professor Marvel was roasting over an open fire when Dorothy and Toto (who stole the weiner) came upon his campsite while they were running away from home.

The apples were from the living trees in the forest where they found the Tin Woodsman.

The "Horse of a Different Color" in the Emerald City sequence was colored using powdered Jello (that the horse kept licking off between takes).

The final clue I was going to offer if no one got it would have been a lollipop. :wink:

--------------------------------------

How about this movie: Bad Dates

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

A classic burger with ketchup, coleslaw ("If I can get it on here"), and pickles. "As soon as I finish this, I never want to see you again."

How to Marry a Millonaire.

great movie!

Congrats to ChefCarey & nikkib, too. :smile:

Here's another one:

Scorched guinea fowl for dinner ("don't ask"), and brownies for dessert. There's an extra brownie for a winner who's a loser.