• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

Mmmkay, y'all. So far I have not been able to foist this off. It's a lot of fun, so I'll keep going for a while.

4 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

22 hours ago, Yiannos said:

Wolf nipple chips!

Alex has guessed 

18 hours ago, Alex said:

Life of Brian! (w/o the exclamation point). Blessed are the cheesemakers.

So @Yiannos?

18 hours ago, Alex said:

Here's another one (fairly easy; no Googling/Bing-ing/etc., though): Mrs. Lovett's meat pies.

ElainaA has guessed:

17 hours ago, ElainaA said:

Sweeney Todd (The demon Barber of Fleet Street). I've never seen the movie but I have seen at least 3 stage versions.   I love Sondheim.

I believe she's right, as I saw the version with Angela Landsbury as Mrs. Lovett. The protocol is the poster of the clue confirms a correct answer, and we wait until that is done before taking a clue out of play.

I did not even recognize that one, and I've seen it! 9_9 So, @Alex, do you concur?

14 hours ago, cakewalk said:

Cucumber sandwiches (or lack thereof):

There were no cucumbers in the market this morning, sir.

No cucumbers!

No, sir. Not even for ready money.

(No Googling!!)

liuzhou has answered your clue @cakewalk, please confirm:

3 hours ago, liuzhou said:

I don't think of it as a movie (although, it has of course been filmed) , but the cucumbers are Oscar Wilde - 'The Importance of Being Earnest'.

14 hours ago, Wayne said:

#4 Clue: Knocked head over heels by milk.

And that's why we don't self-assign clue numbers. Also if you add a movie clue, and it's unresolved for a while, please come back and add more clues to put us out of our misery. :)

2 hours ago, Lisa Shock said:

Marshmallow Mermaid Pie

@Lisa Shock,

Wayne has tried to solve your clue:

Wayne is correct with the answer to his clue as i was typing, so No. 6 is resolved and out of play.

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

"so how do you want your squirrel? Fried or stewed?"

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

"you're the apple of my eye"

Aside: Herding cats! grumble, bitch and moan. :laugh:

Still it could be fun, if y'all want to do this. I loved where in the old thread posters of the original clue would come back and provide more details on the movie, often with enthusiasm. It was obviously memorable enough to them, and provided a rich base of movies to explore.

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

Mmmkay, y'all. So far I have not been able to foist this off. It's a lot of fun, so I'll keep going for a while.

22 hours ago, Yiannos said:

Wolf nipple chips!

Alex has guessed 

17 hours ago, Alex said:

Life of Brian! (w/o the exclamation point). Blessed are the cheesemakers.

So @Yiannos?

17 hours ago, Alex said:

Here's another one (fairly easy; no Googling/Bing-ing/etc., though): Mrs. Lovett's meat pies.

ElainaA has guessed:

16 hours ago, ElainaA said:

Sweeney Todd (The demon Barber of Fleet Street). I've never seen the movie but I have seen at least 3 stage versions.   I love Sondheim.

I believe she's right, as I saw the version with Angela Landsbury as Mrs. Lovett. The protocol is the poster of the clue confirms a correct answer, and we wait until that is done before taking a clue out of play.

I did not even recognize that one, and I've seen it! 9_9 So, @Alex, do you concur?

14 hours ago, cakewalk said:

Cucumber sandwiches (or lack thereof):

There were no cucumbers in the market this morning, sir.

No cucumbers!

No, sir. Not even for ready money.

(No Googling!!)

liuzhou has answered your clue @cakewalk, please confirm:

3 hours ago, liuzhou said:

I don't think of it as a movie (although, it has of course been filmed) , but the cucumbers are Oscar Wilde - 'The Importance of Being Earnest'.

13 hours ago, Wayne said:

#4 Clue: Knocked head over heels by milk.

And that's why we don't self-assign clue numbers. Also if you add a movie clue, and it's unresolved for a while, please come back and add more clues to put us out of our misery. :)

1 hour ago, Lisa Shock said:

Marshmallow Mermaid Pie

@Lisa Shock,

Wayne has tried to solve your clue:

Wayne is correct with the answer to his clue as i was typing, so No. 6 is resolved and out of play.

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

"so how do you want your squirrel? Fried or stewed?"

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

"you're the apple of my eye"

Aside: Herding cats! grumble, bitch and moan. :laugh:

Still it could be fun, if y'all want to do this. I loved where in the old thread posters of the original clue would come back and provide more details on the movie, often with enthusiasm. It was obviously memorable enough to them, and provided a rich base of movies to explore.