• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Sushi Restaurants in NJ

Poots

I'll get to work on the menu for our little sit sown. I'm on vacation down in LBI and still hung over from the last 3 days. Might hit Morimoto's on Friday evening.

As mentioned, I went on the 15th..it was fantastic! Check the Penn board for some reviews..and if you go...make note of the table lights! :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

O.K. I goofed. I've done a small lunch menu for us but unfortunely I can't do the 17th. I've got a full day of medical tests that I can't cancel on. May I move this to the 31st at 12:00 at Nikko.Will this effect all those that were planning to go? Let me know who can attend on the 31st.

Lou

Sorry, I can't make it on Halloween. But I agree with Rosie, Lou..you just need to set these things and see what happens...but Haollween is a tough one, if you have kids. It's become a BIG holiday.

I can do the 31st and I am casting my vote for Kyoto (simply because I have never been there). I will be away from the 1st through the 10th though so hopefully if the 31st isnt the day the reschedule won't fall in that period but certainly dont base that on me - I am one person and I think they will still be catching fish to cut up when I return.

A.D.S.

• 2 weeks later...

My mom called this morning and asked me how the lunch went. I forgot we rescheduled it and thought I forgot about it. Rechecking, I am now reminded that the date was changed. But has anyone confirmed when exactly? When it is finally settled upon, the organizer (that was lreda, right?), should post a reminder a couple days before to keep the thread at the top of the forum.

Looks like this event is fizzling a bit....

Anyone interested in Shumai , in Somerville, Thursday Nov. 7?

Or, since I can travel that week, either Kyoto or Nikko works for me, but I can't organize for either of those places, I'm not familiar with them.

O.k. let's do it on the 14th at Kyoto or else we'll be celebrating the new year. Everyone who's in let me know by 10/29 and I'll book the lunch. I'll start up a menu that will be ready by 10/29 and everyone can add to it as I'm strickly a sushi guy but know my way around a menu and will consult with Kyoto on what they can do. Please add if you want. I think it's BYOB so give me a price range for yourselves without booze and I'm sure we'll come up with a tasting menu with wine, beer & sake.

Lou