• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

anything exciting in Cary NC?

phlawless

going to a movie in Cary and want to know of a place where we can grab quick bite before. I have to admit that I never make my way over there, so I don't know of what's going on.

Suggestions?

"Godspeed all the bakers at dawn... may they all cut their thumbs and bleed into their buns til they melt away..."

There's actually a bunch of great ethnic places on Chatham Street in Cary. There's 3 Indian places (Udupi, Suchi and a street food place), a Korean joint, a taqueria, and a couple of others. Which theater? If it's the independent place near Cary Town Center, these places would be perfect.

Udupi is vegetarian, and some claim it to be the best Indian in the Triangle (hell, some call it the best ethnic restaurant in the Triangle!). Suchi is not vegetarian, but it's very good.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

going to a movie in Cary and want to know of a place where we can grab quick bite before. I have to admit that I never make my way over there, so I don't know of what's going on.

Suggestions?

Depends on what you're looking for. For a good beer & burger, Abbey Road Grill is hard to beat. It's a bar but there is a non smoking section with a separate entrance. It's not pretty, but the burgers are damn good.

Downtown Cary (man that's weird to type) has Cindy's House Cafe. Reviews are good, and you'll probably need a reservation. I haven't been for dinner, just breakfast, but the service was spotty. One experience was good, the second time was atrocious.

I've only been to Maximillian's (Chapel Hill Road) once but enjoyed it very much. On Buck Jones Road, the Hotpoint Cafe is supposed to be pretty good.

Chad

Chad Ward

An Edge in the Kitchen

William Morrow Cookbooks

www.chadwrites.com

Udupi is vegetarian, and some claim it to be the best Indian in the Triangle (hell, some call it the best ethnic restaurant in the Triangle!).  Suchi is not vegetarian, but it's very good.

Is it goodgood? Or just good cause it's cheap and Indian?

I love Indian food, but have yet to find some place that I'm happy to return to.

And yes, we're going to the Galaxy.

"Godspeed all the bakers at dawn... may they all cut their thumbs and bleed into their buns til they melt away..."

Udupi is vegetarian, and some claim it to be the best Indian in the Triangle (hell, some call it the best ethnic restaurant in the Triangle!).  Suchi is not vegetarian, but it's very good.

Is it goodgood? Or just good cause it's cheap and Indian?

I love Indian food, but have yet to find some place that I'm happy to return to.

And yes, we're going to the Galaxy.

As I said, some think it's as good as it gets -- for a vegetarian restaurant! :wink:

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

haven't yet...but I think we are going with your (and many others) suggestion of Udupi.

We're going Thursday night...I'll let you know.

Edited by phlawless (log)

haven't yet...but I think we are going with your (and many others) suggestion of Udupi.

We're going Thursday night...I'll let you know.

Make sure you get the dosas. They're really great. Word of warning, don't expect to get a beer. They don't serve alcohol nor do they allow BYOB. It's against their religion. That said, it's a wonderful meal none-the-less and they are very kind people.