• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch in Kansas City

Allen

Dude, we failed you, I fear. I hope you found something enjoyable!

aside to UE: 1924 is only open for lunch (IIRC) Fridays now - open for dinner every night, though.

Sorry, Kent. We'll do better next time.

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

Dude, we failed you, I fear.  I hope you found something enjoyable!

aside to UE:  1924 is only open for lunch (IIRC) Fridays now - open for dinner every night, though.

Sorry, Kent.  We'll do better next time.

Crap, I didn't see that date stamp (or bother to read the date of Kent's request). Sorry, Kent!!

moosnsqrl: really? Wow. Not that I blame them.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately my arriving flight was delayed so the layover was not long enough for me to venture out of the airport. Maybe next time.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you avoided the Arthur Bryant's at the Airport, not the same thing as the original at all.

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately my arriving flight was delayed so the layover was not long enough for me to venture out of the airport. Maybe next time.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you avoided the Arthur Bryant's at the Airport, not the same thing as the original at all.

Right, or the Wolfgang Puck's refrigerated case; it's nothing like Spago either.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

Right, or the Wolfgang Puck's refrigerated case; it's nothing like Spago either.

Really? Apart from the absence of a flamboyant maitre d' I can't tell much difference between the two.

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

Really? Apart from the absence of a flamboyant maitre d' I can't tell much difference between the two.

Are you admitting to eating at a..... chain?

The horror.

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

Are you admitting to eating at a..... chain?

The horror.

I cannot tell a lie . . . I never get on a plane without a bottle of water :wink:

M.F.K. Fisher