• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Drinks Magazine

marty mccabe

Are you speaking of Drinks International (UK) or Drinks Magazine (US)?

I've got a copy around here of the Drinks Intl from Oct 2006, and as for Drinks Mag US I spotted a few weeks back at Surdyks in Minneapolis.

I haven't seen Drinks magazine on the newsstand in forever, and their website is stuck on their Fall 2006 issue.

I don't think I liked the magazine as much as I like Imbibe, but I'll miss Wondrich's and Rosengarten's articles if it's over...

It's not entirely over, since I just finished writing up the White Lady for the. But I'm not entirely sure what format it's going to be in from here forward, or if it will be available on newsstands.

And thanks for the kind words--much appreciated!

aka David Wondrich

There are, according to recent statistics, 147 female bartenders in the United States. In the United Kingdom the barmaid is a feature of the wayside inn, and is a young woman of intelligence and rare sagacity. --The Syracuse Standard, 1895