• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Supreme eG Baking & Pastry Challenge

duckduck

You had me at, "1-mini shortcake biscuit perfumed with herbs de provence, lavender curd and blackerry jam. Call it a "blackberry sandwich"

ahhh, mmmmm...

Hope everyone is on the mend & feeling better.

I totally agree on that one. Started me going "mmmmm" right away. What started the whole idea for me in the first place was looking at a recipe for tom yum soup one day and wondering, okay, what if I took out the chicken and the 'shrooms and made it sweet? In my mind it became a little trio of sweet versions of tom yum, green papaya salad and pad thai. Haven't played with them yet but sometime I will. So far, all the ideas are sounding good. I'm getting hungry! :biggrin:

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

really buried with valentine's day will return soon

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman

• 2 months later...
no updates? :(

I think we can safely say that The Supreme eG Baking and Pastry Challenge has died a natural death!

Any chance you can revive it Kerry?

I don't think that it will fly again. I've kind of moved on to the bake-offs, removing the competitive nature of things so everyone who wants to can be involved. Now if you want to make the most gorgeous brownies or tiramisu - get in there!!

The bake-off possibilities seem endless, I've got a list of about 100 topics, so it should keep us occupied for a while. Some I'm sure only a few folks will be interested in, others should be more popular.

i apologize to all. My business and life has taken over my eG time, son uses the computer all the time. by the time I get to use it I'm too tired. I apologize humbly for killing this challenge

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman

You didn't kill it, Sweetie. It was already winding down. No worries.

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

i apologize to all. My business and life has taken over my eG time, son uses the computer all the time. by the time I get to use it I'm too tired. I apologize humbly for killing this challenge

Not to worry, eventually they grow up and move out and you can finally log on!!! An empty nest is a beautiful thing.