• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Celebrities you have cooked for

Old Timer

We once (several years ago) were graced with David Bowie and Iman taking lunch in a restaurant where I was pastry chef. She kept her sunglasses on through out the meal; he ordered my banana fritters with honey ice cream and sent back a compliment with the waiter saying it was one of the best desserts he had ever had. That made this pastry chef very happy ! Also the Spice Girls (dry toast for Posh), the Queen of Spain, Julio Ingelsias, some random politicians and footballers - I have been out of the industry for a while though, so nobody recent.

I have also served room service breakfast to Liam Gallagher (frontman from the band Oasis - I'm in the UK, don't know whether you guys have heard of them much but they're VERY famous in the UK) while he was wearing a handtowel and nothing else :blink:

Edited by Fibilou (log)

www.diariesofadomesticatedgoddess.blogspot.com

In the past year and a half, I've cooked for:

Martha Stewart

Lewis Black

Jude Law

Jimmy Fallon

Danny Meyer

The Rolling Stones

Those are the ones I know about. Jude Law was the most exciting, as that happened late at night in an open kitchen, and he and Sienna and her mom were about the only people there.

Brad and Angelina came in about a month ago, but left after being told there was a wait.

I'm getting married soon, and the caterer has a list of the celebrities he's cooked for on his info, which I think is really cheesy.

Updated to add:

Michael Stipe!

He's the one I was the most excited about. He requested no cilantro, though.

in May we are doing the VIP for one leg of the Gumball race which is coming through Bratislava so who's ever in that (ludakris, guy from 'pimp my ride', bam mangera...) and also in May i am catering 2 parties for the Queen of Denmark (who knew they had a queen??) at the meeting yesterday, i told her secretary that we have more queens back in SF than they do in Denmark. he didn't laugh as much as i did though...

• 3 weeks later...

I was Sous Chef at an event arena in West Michigan, here are a few of the folks that I cooked for:

STP, Aerosmith, Laura Bush, Bush, Barry Manilow, Clint Black, WWE,

Elton John, Neal Diamond, Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey

Circus, James Taylor

Most of the performers were quite nice to the staff of our facility.

-------------------------

Water Boils Roughly

Cold Eggs Coagulating

Egg Salad On Rye

-------------------------

Gregg Robinson

The only simi-famous people I've cooked for have been Texas politician's wives. Which, you know, is pretty boring.

However, I did party with the girl who called the cops on Jenna Bush for drinking underage. Who, as soon as I found out, became my own personal hero. (The girl who called the cops. Not Jenna Bush.)

-Sounds awfully rich!

-It is! That's why I serve it with ice cream to cut the sweetness!

There aren't many BIG celebs in these parts, but many athletes and local Pittsburgh celebs live in the Mt. Lebanon area, where our coffeeshop is. While we see various pro and major college coaches, players, newscasters, etc. in the shop and try not to make any out-of-the-ordinary fuss, there was one night that was pretty amusing...

A techie guy and old school blogger is in line at the coffeehouse and is pointing to a woman while talking to others in line. After the woman ordered and stepped away from the counter, the techie came up to my wife and asked if my wife recognized the 60-ish woman whom she just served. My wife said "No, I don't. Should I?" He then proceeds to act indignant and says in all seriousness, "I can't believe you don't know Mark Cuban's mother!"

I bet Ms. Cuban didn't even realize she was that popular.

Rich Westerfield

Mt. Lebanon, PA

Drinking great coffee makes you a better lover.

There is no scientific data to support this conclusion, but try to prove otherwise. Go on. Try it. Right now.

However, I did party with the girl who called the cops on Jenna Bush for drinking underage. Who, as soon as I found out, became my own personal hero. (The girl who called the cops. Not Jenna Bush.)

If she called the cops because an underaged person was drinking, I think that's great. If she called the cops because it was Jenna Bush, that's something else..

• 3 weeks later...
We once (several years ago) were graced with David Bowie and Iman taking lunch in a restaurant where I was pastry chef. She kept her sunglasses on through out the meal; he ordered my banana fritters with honey ice cream and sent back a compliment with the waiter saying it was one of the best desserts he had ever had. That made this pastry chef very happy ! Also the Spice Girls (dry toast for Posh), the Queen of Spain, Julio Ingelsias, some random politicians and footballers - I have been out of the industry for a while though, so nobody recent.

I have also served room service breakfast to Liam Gallagher (frontman from the band Oasis - I'm in the UK, don't know whether you guys have heard of them much but they're VERY famous in the UK) while he was wearing a handtowel and nothing else  :blink:

I wish I was the one who served breakfast to liam gallagher (if it was his brother, you can forget about it)

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA