• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Roti Lady Take Out in Parkdale

Nondoctor

Oh my goodness... I have lived nearby for a wee while and had never visited until last night.

This takeout place is not much to look at but...

I ordered an oxtail dinner with rice and beans... and some coleslaw...

And I have to say it was absolutely delicious!!!

I will be back very, very soon.

"nil illigitimum carborundum"

I go to Roti Lady sometimes, but it's not my favourite in Parkdale. I go to Bacchus sometimes, but I can't remember the name of the place I really like, despite the fact that I go there frequently :blink:. I think it's the next street parallel to the Roti Lady street.

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Kingston four days per week, and when I am there, my partner would die of malnutrition if not for roti shops.

He claims that Ghandi (Queen and Bathhurst) is hands down the best. In Parkdale, the best deal is, in his view, Chicken Roti. Bacchus is better, but a couple of bucks more.