• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NNJ BYO Worthy of Outstanding Brunello

tkrongold

Brought back a wonderful 2001 Brunello Poggiano from Montalcino this past October. Getting together with friends for dinner to enjoy the wine, but need a BYO restaurant somewhere in the Summit area with food worthy of the wine!

Your suggestions are appreciated!

www.cookstour.netMy Blog

Brought back a wonderful 2001 Brunello Poggiano from Montalcino this past October. Getting together with friends for dinner to enjoy the wine, but need a BYO restaurant somewhere in the Summit area with food worthy of the wine! 

Your suggestions are appreciated!

Scalini Fedeli

63 Main St.

(Parrot Mill Rd.)

Chatham, NJ

973-701-9200

Oh no they are not a BYO.

Edited by Peter Conway (log)

Peter Conway

Food and Wine Guy

Mano A Vino Montclair Food and Wine Blog

Fascino in montclair.

as far as non-byobs go, if the wine is unique and they don't serve anything like it, then a good restaurant probably won't have a problem with letting you bring it for a nominal corkage fee. you should always call and discuss with a manager in advance, however. Scalini Fedeli, i would think, would be one of those accommodating restaurants.

Fascino in montclair.

as far as non-byobs go, if the wine is unique and they don't serve anything like it, then a good restaurant probably won't have a problem with letting you bring it for a nominal corkage fee.  you should always call and discuss with a manager in advance, however.  Scalini Fedeli, i would think, would be one of those accommodating restaurants.

Fascino was our first choice, however, the friends we are going with live in Clinton & Montclair is kind of a hike - that's why we are trying to find a restaurant somewhere in the middle.

I was thinking of Scalini Fedeli, as we've never been there & I hear it's wonderful. I'll call & ask about a corkage fee. Thanks.

www.cookstour.netMy Blog

Fascino in montclair.

as far as non-byobs go, if the wine is unique and they don't serve anything like it, then a good restaurant probably won't have a problem with letting you bring it for a nominal corkage fee.  you should always call and discuss with a manager in advance, however.  Scalini Fedeli, i would think, would be one of those accommodating restaurants.

Fascino was our first choice, however, the friends we are going with live in Clinton & Montclair is kind of a hike - that's why we are trying to find a restaurant somewhere in the middle.

I was thinking of Scalini Fedeli, as we've never been there & I hear it's wonderful. I'll call & ask about a corkage fee. Thanks.

While Scalini is not BYO, its sister restaurant Il Mondo Vecchio in Madison is. Good luck.