• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Announcement: bleudauvergne (Lucy Vanel)steps down

John Talbott

Saturday, Chris Amirault announced that bleudauvergne (Lucy Vanel) was stepping down as Host and Manager. Lucy, as many of you know, has been our solid rock south of Paris and is the world record holder (at least on the France Forum) for the most popular thread, that on the Montignac Method, which runs over 13 pages. In addition, she's a terrific cook, hostess and friend. Thanks for everything Lucy and we look forward to your continuing contributions.

Edited by John Talbott to fix links.

Edited by John Talbott (log)

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Saturday, Chris Amirault announced that bleudauvergne (Lucy Vanel) was stepping down as Host and Manager.  Lucy, as many of you know, has been our solid rock south of Paris and is the world record holder (at least on the France Forum) for the most popular thread, that on the Montignac Method, which runs over 13 pages.  In addition, she's a terrific cook, hostess and friend.  Thanks for everything Lucy and we look forward to your continuing contributions.

We will all miss Lucy - sorely!

Here is a link to her Montignac Method thread. I've never read it, but have used his way of eating for many years with great success. For whatever reason John's link seems to be broken.

Thank you for your service, Lucy. I hope we will continue to see you here on the gullet, but in any case I will continue to "visit" with you on your excellent blog.

~ Lori in PA

My blog: http://inmykitcheninmylife.blogspot.com/

My egullet blog: http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=89647&hl=

"Cooking is not a chore, it is a joy."

- Julia Child

Yes, many thanks to all Lucy has done over the years. She is not only an exceptional host and manager, but also an amazing individual. If you haven’t seen her wonderful blog and photos, you certainly should. I too hope we will see her in the eG France Forum often.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

Thank you for all your generous and wonderful contributions as host and manager, bleudauvergne! Selfishly, I hope that the lessening of your official duties will free up more of your time to post here as a civilan. :smile:

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

Does this mean that Lucy won't be posting at all?  Not sure what "stepping down" actually means.

It means she no longer will be burdened or blessed (whichever way you see it) with the responsibilies of hosting and managing but as an Emeritus (I thought it was Emerita) staffer can continue to post/contribute/blog/etc.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

We're closing this topic with thanks to those who posted. We appreciate members' wishes to thank volunteers for their hard work and contribution to the Society, but in doing so, we're neglecting the ongoing and on-mission discussion about food and drink. We encourage you to convey your thanks and best wishes through the PM system.

Thanks.

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.