• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pinot Envy

Andre

Pinot Envy, Channing Daughters Long Island 2004

So much for attention grabbing names to mention this wines eye popping red label.

Lighter red towards purple color

Mostly older oak barrel aromas with hints of fruity aspects trying to surface during the first 5 minutes in the glass.

Ten minutes later and the wine proves as a smooth light-bodied wine with a reasonable acidity intermingling with some peppery notes to end with a smooth well-rounded finish.

Fairly interesting wine with an up-front acidity and a good feel.

A pleasantly drinking and barely interesting wine

Ah yes. Did I mention this was a Pinot Noir-Merlot combination ?

Drink 2007-2008

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.

"Pinot Noir and Merlot - that is so wrong. Are there any other examples of this traversty in the US and do they ever produce something better than the sum of the parts? "

well not in the usa but, pinot is blended with barbera in northern italy and malbec in the loire valley.