• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Waverly Inne

Nathan

...(it's pretty good comfort food but not more than that).......

That aspect of the place hasn't changed for 35 years.

From everything else I read here, it's lost even its nostalgia appeal for when I visit the nabe where I lived for 20 years.

It's a shame because I did like that garden area. But these days our $$ will go to Surya or AOC for the al fresco thing.

Edited by ghostrider (log)

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

...(it's pretty good comfort food but not more than that).......

That aspect of the place hasn't changed for 35 years.

From everything else I read here, it's lost even its nostalgia appeal for when I visit the nabe where I lived for 20 years.

It's a shame because I did like that garden area. But these days our $$ will go to Surya or AOC for the al fresco thing.

its an entirely different restaurant now. and the food is significantly better... (the current chef, John DeLucie, isn't a no-name). the garden is gorgeous...albeit, amusingly enough, seating there is considered "Siberia" by WI prestige rankings..

actually, I ate there out of curiosity (probably wouldn't bother again).

I do go to the front bar quite often for a very prosaic reason...magnificent eye candy and an excellent ratio of same.

I'm actually pretty awful at even recognizing celebs.

Now that does make a lot of sense.