• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Taking the menu organic and clean

Timh

So the owner of my restaurant has given me the dictate to go natural and organic. My proteins are already all natural, even the veal(which is produced here in New England, and upstate NY) The produce I'm assuming will be a easier road to travel, but verifying the provenance of the meats is my biggest concern. I have no illusion that purveyors will label whatever to make the sell, especially since we are a small boutique restaurant. Anyone else with experience in this ? all input greatly appreciated, as well as a good meal if you stop in.

William & Co. right now. I am looking into direct dealing with some farmers that I've dealt with in the past. Jim Jamison produces great lamb in PA, but also theres great stuff out of Oz and NZ.