• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

pickle sauce

phlawless

Does anyone remember an article a few years back (4-5??) in Saveur about a guy and his room mate cooking in his ill-equiped kitchen in NYC in the '70's? I know, I know...how lame am I...anyway there was a recipe for pork chops with pickles that sounded heavenly and I want to try it. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I'd like to read the article too. I have quickly looked through all my old issues, but I could have easily missed it.

Anyone?

"Godspeed all the bakers at dawn... may they all cut their thumbs and bleed into their buns til they melt away..."

Might this one be an option? .. the author says:

If you're going to have only one recipe in your arsenal that makes liberal use of gherkin pickles (potato salad doesn't count), then this is the one. I have been cooking this recipe, which ran in "Saveur," for years now, and I love the idea of the recipe as much as the dish itself. The sauce is lusty and full-bodied
:rolleyes:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

yes!!!

That is totally the one!

I'm off to start supper now!

edited to add: manymany thanks!

Edited by phlawless (log)

"Godspeed all the bakers at dawn... may they all cut their thumbs and bleed into their buns til they melt away..."

yes!!!

That is totally the one!

I'm off to start supper now!

edited to add:  manymany thanks!

Ah yes, a bit of pickled pork Googling does the soul good! Pleased to be of service, ma'm! :wink:

You will tell us how the finished result tasted, no? :rolleyes:

Edited by Gifted Gourmet (log)

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"