• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Michael Mina's cookbook

Elrushbo

I've glanced at it, it's a beautiful book with great photography. I'm wondering if anyone has it and has tried anything in it yet. Looks like it might be good for entertaining/special occasions, especially in the summer when certain things are in season.

I'm also thinking about getting a French cookbook. I had my mother in law over and she was impressed with what I made from Batali's book, but I'd like to try French cooking, expand my horizons a bit. I can make pretty much anything from a recipie. I'd like to try one of Boulud's books, maybe even the French Laundry book. But I'm willing to take advice from others here because I really don't know what French cookbooks are worth getting. I prefer more contemporary style cooking, if that helps. And things where I'm not spending more on ingredients than I would if I actually went to the French Laundry or Robuchon.