• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate Making Supply Sources

CalumC

Help!

Can anyone in the UK recommend some online shops for chocolate making equipment. I think there was one called chocolate world, something like that, but i cant find a basic mould, just something relatively deep for filling. Maybe square or dome shaped. If anyone can help it'll be much appreciated.

Thanks,

I think the site you may have been looking for is home chocolate factory

I have not used them but they carry a range of chocolate and moulds.

You will also find a small number of chocolate items like dipping forks and cheaper plastic moulds on many cake decorating sites - Jane Asher has chocolate stuff.

I have been using a firm linked with Vantage House - called HB ingredients. They have a good range but you have to pay a minimum postage charge which is about £8 unless you are going to buy a lot.

Bettys by Post also had a few pieces of chocolate making equipment last time I looked but they were expensive.

Also try keylink they have carry a lot of chococlate, equipment and packaging. Again you pay for postage which was £9 last time I ordered with them.

• 1 month later...

Recently, somewhere on the Internet, I came across a really comprehensive list of companies that sell chocolate molds. But I can't for the life of me remember where. Help? It had all the usuals (JB Prince, Tomric, etc) but a bunch of others as well.

Tammy's Tastings

Creating unique food and drink experiences

eGullet Foodblogs #1 and #2
Dinner for 40

Recently, somewhere on the Internet, I came across a really comprehensive list of companies that sell chocolate molds.  But I can't for the life of me remember where.  Help?  It had all the usuals (JB Prince, Tomric, etc) but a bunch of others as well.

I would try chcolat-chocolat in Canada, they have an extensive selection & good service.

Here is another resource Ecole Chocolat

Mark

Edited by mrose (log)

Mark

www.roseconfections.com

Recently, somewhere on the Internet, I came across a really comprehensive list of companies that sell chocolate molds.  But I can't for the life of me remember where.  Help?  It had all the usuals (JB Prince, Tomric, etc) but a bunch of others as well.

I would try chcolat-chocolat in Canada, they have an extensive selection & good service.

Here is another resource Ecole Chocolat

Mark

That was the list I was looking for! Thank you Mark!

chocolat-chocolat does look very good, but the shipping is expensive, so I need to make sure I can put together a large enough order to justify the cost.

Tammy's Tastings

Dinner for 40

http://www.chocolat-chocolat.com/

chocolat-chocolat has the biggest selection I've seen. My stuff came in two shipments but it came very quickly. Chef Rubber has a small selection but they have at least one that I haven't seen elsewhere. Of course, I always fall in love with that one mold that no one else has and never want to pay shipping for just the one. :raz:

Edited by duckduck (log)

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

I once ordered from this canadian site as well http://dr.ca/

The ttal price for molds and shipping , ended up to be a cheaper price per mold anyay ( 22 $ per mold compare the average 24 25 $ ).Not much selection though.

I think I am going to be order from Chocolat-chocolat soon though.

Vanessa

That site (http://dr.ca/) has some fascinating molds and did anyone notice that they sell chocolate transfers sheets by the sheet so it's possible to put together your own selection? I know someone was looking for an assortment of transfer sheets.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

That site (http://dr.ca/) has some fascinating molds and did anyone notice that they sell chocolate transfers sheets by the sheet so it's possible to put together your own selection?  I know someone was looking for an assortment of transfer sheets.

I hadn't noticed that before. That is very cool. I was already sorely tempted by a couple of their molds, so I think that discover is going to push me over the edge...

Tammy's Tastings

Dinner for 40

Design Realization (DR) is great, the prices are even better if you buy molds in quantity from them.

I've also ordered directly from www.jkvnl.com

I think americans have to order from a distributor - he is a really nice fellow, here is his info.

C. Ian Mackenzie

1438 Soquel Avenue

Santa Cruz, Ca. 95062

U.S.A.

Tel: 831 425-3882

Fax: 831 425-6570

E-mail: ian@jkvnl.com

Design Realization (DR) is great, the prices are even better if you buy molds in quantity from them.

I've also ordered directly from www.jkvnl.com

I think americans have to order from a distributor - he is a really nice fellow, here is his info. 

C. Ian Mackenzie

1438 Soquel Avenue

Santa Cruz, Ca. 95062

U.S.A.

Tel: 831 425-3882

Fax: 831 425-6570

E-mail: ian@jkvnl.com

thank kerry,

that is in my neck of the woods. It's about 10 mins from me.

Luis

I've been buying directly from Chocolate World. They manufacture a lot of the moulds you see from other vendors. They are in Belgium, and their prices and shipping for Europe is quite reasonable

(Just a chirp form this side of the Atlantic)

Chocolat-Chocolat carry their line of molds.

Edited by mrose (log)

Mark

www.roseconfections.com