• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pacific Northwest-Themed Cookbooks

scarlett

Vikram Vij just came out with a book recently, and that might be worth checking out. The recipes look promising.

Oh my! I didn't know that. We stop by his place almost every time we're in Vancouver. I'll have to check that out!

"Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food." -- Hippocrates

This is a great list! Thanks for your help....and recommendations. Clearly I need to spend some more time with my copy of Tom Douglas' "Seattle Kitchen." Nice!

And I've been happily investigating some of the other recommendations...Cookbook junkie confession: I go looking for suggestions for my friend and I end up making a few purchases for myself...LOL!

Thanks again everyone.

Traca

Seattle, WA

blog: Seattle Tall Poppy

One that has not yet been mentioned yet is Vancouver's John Bishop, who has written a series of cookbooks using local ingredients. He is a pioneer in the Vancouver restaurant business and in the use of organic foods.

His latest book, called Simply Bishop's, came out a few years ago and is excellent. The book focuses on local and seasonal. It is a very good for seeing what is available to cook with in this area, and he incluedes interesting write-ups with every recipe.

Edited by the g-man (log)

Another book that's great is "West Coast Seafood: The Complete Cookbook"

by Jay Harlow. It has almost everything you'd want to know about seafood (although it's the entire west coast, not just the PNW).

Ditto. Great book for both the recipes and the basic seafood info.