• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WORLD PASTRY FORUM

mckayinutah

I just noticed that the World pastry forums that every longs to go to each year are being offered on CD.

Does anyone have more info about them? Their website doesn't conatin much info, like length of time or whether or not they cover all or just some of the classes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jason

I emailed them to see if they could provide the Instructors and Courses covered for each CD.

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman

It sounds like it just contains the notes for the classes but I've gone and ordered myself a copy of the 2004 class. Looking forward to getting it  :biggrin: .

Please keep us informed of what the CD contains ( that is, whether it is just the notes or contains anything else)

Thank you,

Jason

they have updated the site to include the chefs names and courses given in those years

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman

I have just recieved my 2005 and 2006 copies. Looks good. Basically it's a compilation of all the hand-out given by the instructor to students. It includes recipes with instructions, instructor's bio, any explaination/instructions by instructors, some recipes have pictures, the packet is about 150 pages. It also include evaluation sheet and info about their sponsoring companies, which I don't really care for.

For $50/cd, I think it's a pretty good price for those of us who were unable to attend those classes personally.

I'm glad they made the CD, because I have written to them a few times to request for that. Would be nice if it was a DVD, where you can see the demo and everything.

I got my copy of the 2004 notes yesterday. Personally I feel a little let down about the amount of content in the booklets. There were recipes, which I'm sure are good, but I feel that what I got out of it was far less than I was expecting given the sticker price.