• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cherry Heering

MHesse

I've been looking for a shop that sells Cherry Heering since I got into a discussion about it with a friend of similar age and background. Our parents both had the stuff in their cabinets.

One can make a nice cocktail out of it with vodka.

Several large liqour stores do not have it; it's in their catalog, but out of stock. Is it still made? Where can it be found?

thanks,

--Mark

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.

I believe that it was out of production (or distribution) for a while, but it's back on the shelves. (At least in the San Francisco and Atlanta markets.)

I believe that it was out of production (or distribution) for a while, but it's back on the shelves. (At least in the San Francisco and Atlanta markets.)

It's never been out of production, I just think that it's not that comon to use it.

It's produced in Denmark, and I guess that if the market in the US is not big enought.... problably costs a lot to shipp just a few bottles.

What do you use yours fore? I only use mine in the Singapore Sling.

What I think happened is that they changed bottle designs. Apparently, when you do something like that with a product that is exported to the United States, there is all manner of red tape to be jumped through. If you're not ready for this, it can mean interrupting the supply for a year or more.

Frankly, it seems unnecessarily burdensome to bring new liquor products into the US via importation. I know of a few products that have been in the works for at least a year.

--