• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good food in Fort Lauderdale?

Kajikit

DH and I have a few places that we go to for a decent meal... but I'm getting tired of them, and most of the time when we try some place new it turns out to be another disappointing chain-style meal. Ick. I'm desperate for real food! Sadly we can't afford the high-end places where I'd expect to get something memorable, so I'm looking for middling-to-lowcost... cheap and cheerful is the way to go. Anyone got any suggestions? DH is deathly allergic to seafood, so Thai/seafood places are OUT but we're open to anything else... (DH is very set in his ways, but funnily enough, whenever I manage to persuade DH to stretch his culinary horizons and try something different, he loves the food!)

DH and I have a few places that we go to for a decent meal... but I'm getting tired of them, and most of the time when we try some place new it turns out to be another disappointing chain-style meal. Ick. I'm desperate for real food! Sadly we can't afford the high-end places where I'd expect to get something memorable, so I'm looking for middling-to-lowcost... cheap and cheerful is the way to go. Anyone got any suggestions? DH is deathly allergic to seafood, so Thai/seafood places are OUT but we're open to anything else... (DH is very set in his ways, but funnily enough, whenever I manage to persuade DH to stretch his culinary horizons and try something different, he loves the food!)

Some friends of mine have raved about a French restaurant called Sage. It is modestly priced and quite good, according to them. It is BYOB - used to be no corkage, but now I think it's $10 a bottle now. And there is supposedly a wine shop adjacent to the restaurant. My husband and I have been meaning to try it with them one day, but haven't had a chance yet.

"God give us good taste, why bother?" Captain Jim's Sushi Chef

Some friends of mine have raved about a French restaurant called Sage. It is modestly priced and quite good, according to them. It is BYOB - used to be no corkage, but now I think it's $10 a bottle now. And there is supposedly a wine shop adjacent to the restaurant. My husband and I have been meaning to try it with them one day, but haven't had a chance yet.

I think we've driven past there... I'll put it on the list to try.