• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Professional bakers...

Lkfarkas

I prefer a convection oven for cakes, but if you can afford a good one it would be great to have one with a fan that can go high, low and still bake with it off. Some items don't do well with a fan blowing. Also no matter what they say about even baking in a convection, you will most likely need to turn things while they are baking. The fan blows in one direction so you most always get uneven browning. The only oven I didn't have to turn things around in was a combi-convection. It was so deep the sheet pans could go in long ways or side ways. But I think it cost around $60,000. A little out of my price range.

check out my baking and pastry books at the Pastrymama1 shop on www.Half.ebay.com

I own a small bakery and we have one convection oven (I'd highly recommend having two or at least when you are venting make it possible to add another oven at a later date if needed). We bake everything in this one oven...muffins, croissants, cookies, quiche, cakes, tarts etc. Very useful.

Can anyone recommend the name of their oven or maybe provide a link?

http://www.acemart.com/merchant.mv?Screen=...egory_Code=D2-5

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.