• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

website suggestions?

maui420

hi everyone,

ive been hard at work learning web development and now i want to be able to use my technical skills and education to finally(after a long 5 yrs)

build something others would enjoy. =)

i would appreciate any ideas.

are there any food related websites that you think should be implemented better?

maybe a site dedicated to those who have special conditions(certain sicknesses)?

maybe one large database of recipes that are known to be really above the rest? ive had some trouble with the allrecipes search function. i may be blind, but i am pretty sure they dont have a 'sort highest rating first' function.

maybe a site where users can upload a tutorial for a particular recipe? for example, using a software program like pages for iMac, users can upload a recipe file for others to download. this would be a perfect place to advertise their own personal blog etc...and also get feed back from the user community since all recipes will be rated/scored/ and commented on.

thanks for any ideas.

How about IRecipe where everyone can swap recipes like music on Limewire.

hi everyone,

ive been hard at work learning web development and now i want to be able to use my technical skills and education to finally(after a long 5 yrs)

build something others would enjoy. =)

i would appreciate any ideas.

are there any food related websites that you think should be implemented better?

maybe a site dedicated to those who have special conditions(certain sicknesses)?

maybe one large database of recipes that are known to be really above the rest? ive had some trouble with the allrecipes search function. i may be blind, but i am pretty sure they dont have a 'sort highest rating first' function.

maybe a site where users can upload a tutorial for a particular recipe? for example, using a software program like pages for iMac, users can upload a recipe file for others to download. this would be a perfect place to advertise their own personal blog etc...and also get feed back from the user community since all recipes will be rated/scored/ and commented on.

thanks for any ideas.

First, identify your target audience.

For instance, both children and seniors seem a bit under-represented in food themed web sites, probably because neither is considered a prime demographic group economically.

SB :hmmm:

For instance, both children and seniors seem a bit under-represented in food themed web sites, probably because neither is considered a prime demographic group economically.

SB  :hmmm:

I just launced a site for the bbq enthusiast. visit us at www.smokinaphattie.com we are getting ready for the 2007 Championship BBQ season and will be looking for culinary experts around BBQ ....if you have interest please contact me.

smokinaphattie.com

myspace.com\smokinaphattie

smokinaphattie.com

I've looked at a lot of recipe sites (and there are a lot of them) but they seemed kind of restricted in format. This pushed me to making my own web pages with recipes and tutorials because I can't do anything without pictures. Of course, for right now I am a one food person. Here are two examples of recipe presentations...

2006 Holiday Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich Tutorials

Davydd

It is just an Anglicized Welsh spelling for David to celebrate my English/Welsh ancestry. The Welsh have no "v" in their alphabet or it would be spelled Dafydd.

I must warn you. My passion is the Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

Now blogging: Pork Tenderloin Sandwich Blog

hey smokinaphattie,

congrats on the site.. looks like plenty of action and fun!

SB  :hmmm:

I just launced a site for the bbq enthusiast. visit us at www.smokinaphattie.com we are getting ready for the 2007 Championship BBQ season and will be looking for culinary experts around BBQ ....if you have interest please contact me.

smokinaphattie.com

hi Davydd,

your tutorials are awesome and definitly needs to get more attention on the net!

submit your site to places like technorati and other social blog sites. im actually thinking of creating a large database so people such as yourself get to show the world whats cookin. good work and thanks for sharing.

I've looked at a lot of recipe sites (and there are a lot of them) but they seemed kind of restricted in format. This pushed me to making my own web pages with recipes and tutorials because I can't do anything without pictures. Of course, for right now I am a one food person. Here are two examples of recipe presentations...

2006 Holiday Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich Tutorials