• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New strip mall

Curlz

Just noticed that the new (too small, too jammed-together, annoying parking lot, but I love cutting through to Costco) strip on Rt. 3 has added a few more signs.

Joining the world's tightest Bed Bath & Beyond and an Uno's are Starbucks, Chipotle Grill and a Pollo Tropical. I've never eaten at CG or PT and am in no rush, but I'm wondering if PT is any good. Any of you ever tried it? I can't imagine their chicken being better than the $4.99 rotisserie bird from Costco...

Edited by Curlz (log)

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Yeah, that exit merge is AWFUL.

I've seen Pollo Tropical in the shopping plaza just at 495 in Union City, but never been. I'll definitely give it a try if I find myself passing by and hungry.

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" -Mark Twain

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n roll." -Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of The Legend of Zelda, circa 1990

Pollo Tropical is a chain mainly in south florida - for a quick bite it is a great place and I recommend trying it - everything is made fresh and they have a nice condiment bar with various sauces etc to chose from after you get your meal. I have yet to try the one here or on 495 but have been to a few in s. florida

Just noticed that the new (too small, too jammed-together, annoying parking lot, but I love cutting through to Costco) strip on Rt. 3 has added a few more signs. 

Joining the world's tightest Bed Bath & Beyond and an Uno's are Starbucks, Chipotle Grill and a Pollo Tropical.  I've never eaten at CG or PT and am in no rush, but I'm wondering if PT is any good.  Any of you ever tried it?  I can't imagine their chicken being better than the $4.99 rotisserie bird from Costco...

Curlz,

Chipotle is a good thing. There's one a few doors down from my office in NYC. Packed every day!

Oh, and I live right down the street from that mall.. I listened to some old geezer on the Planning Board say that traffic would not be affected... HA!

Edited by Cook456 (log)

You can reach the mall (if you wish to call it that) from the back road by Costco. The Bed Bath and Beyond is very small and cramped. About half the size of the one in Wayne . What were they thinking when they built this?

Heuriger Wein is mein Lieblingswein!

You can reach the mall (if you wish to call it that) from the back road by Costco.  The Bed Bath and Beyond is very small and cramped.  About half the size of the one in Wayne .  What were they thinking when they built this?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Tax Revenue

I refuse to patronize that row of stores (or restaurants) because of the unbelievably hazardous conditions entering and exiting.  I've been doing my best to avoid that area entirely.

As mentioned below, I live on Main Ave and to get onto and off Rt #3 on the weekends, I usually drive up to Passaic Ave. I believe a lot of people are also making that choice, as I see the traffic line getting smaller and smaller.

Just rediculous...

Edited by Cook456 (log)

• 2 months later...

FYI, Baristanet reports that Pollo Tropical will open this Friday at 10am. The press release says they expect people to be "...lined up for hours before the 10am opening..." Prizes, gift certificates, salsa music, etc.

I'll be busy trying to get John Mayer/Ben Folds tickets. :biggrin::wacko:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

• 2 weeks later...