• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Punta Cana

My wife is from the other side of the island and so we are clueless on what might be special and noteworthy in the Punta Cana resort area.

We would like to go off the resort for drinks, dancing and especially food. Resort food is generally good american food.

Anyone been recently?

-Mike

-Mike & Andrea

We spent the Christmas/New Year's holidays at Punta Cana in 2005-06 and in answer to your subheading, "no." Though we had a great beach barbecue at PC one night, one of my favorite meals of the year, the rest of the time the food was pretty awful. And watch your little ones: the bartenders served my kids "real" margaritas. :shock:

Such a beautiful setting, though, and they were trying hard.

"Oh, tuna. Tuna, tuna, tuna." -Andy Bernard, The Office

most resorts in pc are all inclusive, so people stay inside. there's a little shopping village, but not busy at all. yes, the food is generally overcooked and underspiced.

look on tripadvisor site - there's a lot of posts for punta cana - may be you'll find something to your taste.