• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants in Paris

PatyGirl

I've read some good reviews about these restaurants, but they never appear in more traditional restaurant guides, like Michelin.

L'Astrance opened about 3 years ago, and is run by people that previously

worked at L'Arpege under Alain Passard: Pascal Barbot and Christophe Rohat. One guide book I have says: "This 3 year old, 25 -seat dining room near the Trocadero is arguably the most exciting restaurant to have opened in Paris this century". Praise about Lucas Carton alike, very enthusiastic reviews.

Has anyone been or heard about either? I'm in Paris at the moment and there's so many good places to go...! I've been to L'Atelier de Joel Rebouchon, and Alain Ducasse's Spoon, - both were amazing. I'm having some trouble fine-tuning my list...

Thanks! :smile:

I've read some good reviews about these restaurants, but they never appear in  more traditional restaurant guides, like Michelin.

worked at L'Arpege under Alain Passard: Pascal Barbot and Christophe Rohat. One guide book I have says: "This 3 year old, 25 -seat dining room near the Trocadero is arguably the most exciting restaurant to have opened in Paris this century". Praise about Lucas Carton alike, very enthusiastic reviews.

Has anyone been or heard about either? I'm in Paris at the moment and there's so many good places to go...! I've been to L'Atelier de Joel Rebouchon, and Alain Ducasse's Spoon, - both were amazing. I'm having some trouble fine-tuning my list...

I think you will find that the Michelin lags way behind Lebey, Pudlo etc and you can find ample reviews in these more contemporary guides. Have you tried searching here on the France Forum? Both l'Astrance + Lucas-Carton, now Alain Senderens are well-covered. Happy eating. Edited by John Talbott (log)

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Astrance has been noted in the Michelin Red Guide almost since it opened about 4-5 years ago, it now holds 2 stars in the Guide.

Lucas Carton held 3 stars in the Red Guide for years. It remodeled / reformulated in 2005, is now called Sendrens, and holds 2 stars in the Red Guide.

Not sure why you are saying these are not in Michelin.

Thanks guys. Right well, that certainly explains a lot. I was quite puzzled...

I've only had about 4 days to plan for this trip so I guess I just overlooked the name changes and didn't find them.

Anyway, I went to L'Astrance today and it was absolutely fabulous. Totally took my breath away.

Thanks for the advice!

:smile:

Nice report, anything in particular to say about SPOON?

I have the HUGE ltd. edition cookbook, love it.

How were the desserts???

Thanks in advance!

I've read some good reviews about these restaurants, but they never appear in  more traditional restaurant guides, like Michelin.

2317/5000