• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pimenton

markabauman

Well, in so many ways. On eggs. On grilled lamb or pork or chicken or shrimp or veal or salon or... Whipped into melted butter on mashers... On rolled smoked salmon with capers... And on and on.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

If you spread it on the floor of your salon then you need to wear goulashes.

Heh.

Anybody? :unsure:

Goulashes. :huh:

Like galloshes, see? :unsure:

Okay. :sad:

Anyway, I meant "salmon".

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

I made a soup today with smoked paprika in it. A pureed vege soup made with roasted pumpkin, carrot, kumara and flour potato.

I added the paprika to the onions and garlic at the beginning, cooked them in a little oil and then added chicken stock and roasted veg.

It worked well.

Thanks, polly. :sad: