• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Delis

Vancitygirl

I plan to eat more casually this year.  Can you assist my endeavor by divulging your favourite Vancouver Delis?

I'd say your best bet is to hop a plane to New York or Montreal.

Seriously though, I've had some perfectly acceptable deli at Kaplan's on Oak and 41st. I haven't been for about a year and a half though.

Jason

Editor

EatVancouver.net

You don't say what type of "Deli".

For Italian Cioffi's at 4156 E. Hastings

German/Scandanavian Jolly Foods on the north shore.

Eat in or take out?

Grotto di Formaggio on Victoria Drive. Great Pannini and inexpensive as well as other goodies.

Cheers

Poorsh

I plan to eat more casually this year.  Can you assist my endeavor by divulging your favourite Vancouver Delis?

I second La Grotta del Formaggio (oh, those sandwiches! :wub: ) and would like to add Parthenon on West Broadway to the list.

I have also been pleasantly surprised by several deli items at Max's Deli. Their baked goods are very hit-and-miss, however.

Emmanuelle