• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Size Of Staub Tagine?

Blondelle

The 11" pan shown is huge compared to North African tagines.

There is a middle Eastern store nearby with a $70 tagine, probably half the size of the Staub. But it is so much more delightful to look at, and will make a better presentation when the top is removed at the table.

Thanks! But is it any larger than the Le Creuset one which was too small? It's about the same diameter, but I think it might be deeper. I'm also not able to see how wide the inside rim is in the photo.

Would anyone know the size of the Staub tagine in qts? They have them on sale for $70 at Amazon now. Other great Staub items on sale there too. I was wondering if it was any larger than the Le Creuset one.

We can only go by the photos, for both brands, but the Staub appears to hold a lot more. The LC is shallow, just like the traditional Moroccan vessels.

Although that is type I'm looking for, I know that at some point it would be overloaded and might boil over.

Reefpimp, would you know how large it is in quarts? Does it hold enough food for 4-6 people? This is so frustrating. All these replies and still no answer ;-(. Would you know if it's larger than the LC tagine which is too small? Thanks!

The top to the tagine fits nicely on the 5qt Dutch oven.....

This site has one that is apparently all ceramic but essentially the same size - it is 1.5 quarts

tagines, Staub, etc.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Reefpimp, would you know how large it is in quarts? Does it hold enough food for 4-6 people? This is so frustrating. All these replies and still no answer ;-(. Would you know if it's larger than the LC tagine which is too small? Thanks!
The top to the tagine fits nicely on the 5qt Dutch oven.....

What I meant to say is, the top to the Le Creuset tagine--the cone--fits nicely on the LC 5 qt Dutch oven. I've not had an opportunity to check the fit on Staub. But an inch is an inch (except where inches are metric, and we call them centimeters LOL) everywhere, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what fits on what by comparing dimensions.

OOH yeah: In other threads I've seen people griping about the new phenolic handles on Le Creuset pot lids: This can be easily remedied. Find a metal drawer pull you like and use that instead. They're pretty much all 1/4-20 threads, which can be found in any hardware store.

Edited by Reefpimp (log)

This whole love/hate thing would be a lot easier if it was just hate.

Bring me your finest food, stuffed with your second finest!