• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How to clean Wolf stove

Bonnie Ruth

My kitchen remodel is nearly done, and I am using my incredible new Wolf stove with the convection oven. I have pored over the information about how to care for it, but it isn't specific as to brands, etc. I can use a spray-on degreaser, which I don't think I have ever had before. I'm supposed to be able to clean the glass oven window with Windex, but it isn't working very well. I'd love some suggestions.

Try ammonia. It just works.

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

My kitchen remodel is nearly done, and I am using my incredible new Wolf stove with the convection oven.  I have pored over the information about how to care for it, but it isn't specific as to brands, etc.  I can use a spray-on degreaser, which I don't think I have ever had before.  I'm supposed to be able to clean the glass oven window with Windex, but it isn't working very well.  I'd love some suggestions.

i've had a wolf for 15 years, i use SOS for tough baked on stuff, otherwise just regular dishwashing soap and a little scrubbing. i spray ammonia on the outside stainless, then i "polish" a little with a dry rag.

My kitchen remodel is nearly done, and I am using my incredible new Wolf stove with the convection oven.  I have pored over the information about how to care for it, but it isn't specific as to brands, etc.  I can use a spray-on degreaser, which I don't think I have ever had before.  I'm supposed to be able to clean the glass oven window with Windex, but it isn't working very well.  I'd love some suggestions.

i've had a wolf for 15 years, i use SOS for tough baked on stuff, otherwise just regular dishwashing soap and a little scrubbing. i spray ammonia on the outside stainless, then i "polish" a little with a dry rag.

Thanks! Just checking, does yours have porcelain? I'm not sure I could use steel wool on the porcelain parts.

Thanks! Just checking, does yours have porcelain? I'm not sure I could use steel wool on the porcelain parts.

I have a Wolf and I use those silver abrasive pads that you get at the grocery store that say safe for non-stick surfaces. Doesn't seem to scratch the porcelain.

For light cleanings and regular upkeep, I've found Simple Green -- undiluted and sprayed directly on the surface of the cooled stove -- to be without peer. If you can pop out each section that surrounds the burners, do so, put them in your sink, and spray on SG; let it sit for about 3-5 minutes, and then wipe it down first with a clean paper towel followed by cool water. Amazing.

BeefCheeks is an author, editor, and food journalist.

"The food was terrible. And such small portions...."

--Alvy Singer

I have a Wolf and I use those silver abrasive pads that you get at the grocery store that say safe for non-stick surfaces. Doesn't seem to scratch the porcelain.

I am having trouble with this site right now; it seems to repeat my initial message over and over and hasn't been letting me post a reply. I have Simple Green but hadn't thought of using it on the stove. I didn't know about the silver abrasive pads for non-stick surfaces; do you know what they are called? I called the manufacturer because I already can't get the burners or oven racks clean. They said I could use No-Fume Easy Off for the oven parts, but had nothing to suggest for the burners that I hadn't already done (e.g., spray degreaser, soaking in soapy water). They also said that on the oven racks, I could use the blue Scotch Brights. I hadn't realized before that the blue were less abrasive than the green/yellow. I haven't tried any of this yet but did get out and buy the No Fume Easy Off.