• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pinkberry frozen yogurt

lia

uh oh trouble in paradise....

ker-pow!

Doesn't anybody watch Seinfeld?

I read months ago that the yogurty powder is ok for the lactose intolerant. Fine with me. I don't care. As I keep saying, I don't give a sh--t about the price or if it makes me fatter. I like plain with granola.

You shouldn't eat grouse and woodcock, venison, a quail and dove pate, abalone and oysters, caviar, calf sweetbreads, kidneys, liver, and ducks all during the same week with several cases of wine. That's a health tip.

Jim Harrison from "Off to the Side"

A quote of a quote from the blog link upthread:

Plaintiff contends that, in direct violation of California law, Pinkberry's product is made from a powder base, mixed with water and/or milk on site, and then sold without notice to consumers of its ingredients.

Heck... why not just snort it? It would save so much time....

I'm guessing that their powder is probably a more refined and better quality version of the "frozen yogurt powder" that I referenced by ingredient list earlier in this thread. Apart from bad PR I find it hard to believe that Pinkberry will be in trouble for this.

"Frozen yogurt" of a similarly dubious heritage has been sold throughout the US under that name for a few decades or longer and as far as I know it's never been challenged yet.

The Big Chill in L.A. has a real frozen yogurt and has other stuff too, including a non-dairy one.

Check this one.

Someone on another thread mentioned Zacks and another one that has a name that sounds like a race course.

I think the name is Willow Glen, I will see if I can find a reference on line.

Edited by andiesenji (log)

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett