• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New baking & Desserts Books 2007

ALTAF

Interesting books will be published in 2007:

- The essentail Baker

- The best bake sale cookbook

- The art of desserts

- icebox cakes

- panna cotta

- The sweet spot: asian inspired desserts

- Apassion for Baking "Marcy Goldmen"

Know any more?

Emily Luchetti has a new book coming out called Classic Stars Desserts: Favorite Recipes by Emily Luchetti, which combines the best recipes from her Stars Desserts and Four-Star Desserts (which are both out of print). I don't have either of those, so I'll probably check out the new one.

mikki: I know about Emily Luchetti new book, but i did not list it because i think it's a bout classic desserts......I'm looking for somthing new. Is there somthing new in her book?

JacobCooks: Yes i think it's by: Pichet Ong

mikki:  I know about  Emily Luchetti new book, but i did not list it because i think it's a bout classic desserts......I'm looking for somthing new. Is there somthing new  in her book?

From the description on Amazon, it doesn't sound like there is anything new.

Thought I'd add this to the list.

"Chocolates and Confections: Formula, Theory, and Technique for the Artisan Confectioner" by The Culinary Institute of America.

I wonder if it's going to be in the textbook format like some of the other C.I.A. books, or in a regular cookbook format.

You can get the King Arthur magazine at Barnes and Noble.

Shirley Corriher is supposed to come out with a baking book, but that's been in the works for some time.

I like to bake nice things. And then I eat them. Then I can bake some more.

Savory Sweets by Amy Felder is coming out in February. It offers pastry chefs the keys to the culinary side of the kitchen, using culinary ingredients and cooking techniques to develop plated desserts. Yea, I know, some of this we have seen before but this is the first systematic look at the mergance of the two worlds. It looks like it will be a great resource book.

• 4 weeks later...

According to a conversation with Sherry Yard posted on David Lebovitz's site, Yard will be coming out with a new book in the fall called Desserts by the Yard: From Brooklyn to Beverly Hills, Recipes from the Sweetest Life Ever.