• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch and Dinner in Ft Lauderdale and Miami?

Big Country

I am going to be in Miami Sunday and Monday. I am going to be able to have Lunch on Sunday and Dinner on Monday. I am going to be staying in Ft Lauderdale but would like to go to Miami. I have never be to the area and am looking forward to a taste of South Florida. I would love to have some local cuban food while I am in the area. I stayed in Tampa/St Pete for a time and loved the food. Please any ideas would be appreciated. :biggrin:

It is easier to change a menu than a growing season.

I enjoy a Cuban resturant in North Miami called Little Havana. It's old school but nice and reasonably priced. The waiters are professionals and take care of you. Dinners are reasonably priced.

Address & Phone:

12727 Biscayne Blvd.

North Miami, FL 33181

Phone: (305) 899-9069

There is also a great web site you can check out: Three Guys from Miami

There are tons of other great places in the area as well.

-Scott

If you'd like to try some stupendous Argentinian fusion food (it's fused with French and Jewish influences) about 11 minutes farther south on Biscayne, check out this thread.

It's spectacularly good food.

Overheard at the Zabar’s prepared food counter in the 1970’s:

Woman (noticing a large bowl of cut fruit): “How much is the fruit salad?”

Counterman: “Three-ninety-eight a pound.”

Woman (incredulous, and loud): “THREE-NINETY EIGHT A POUND ????”

Counterman: “Who’s going to sit and cut fruit all day, lady… YOU?”

Newly updated: my online food photo extravaganza; cook-in/eat-out and photos from the 70's