• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Death and Company

johnder

Last night at Death & Co. was like old times. Plenty of familiar faces on the civilian side of the bar, and Brian Miller behind the stick.

Mr. Miller started me off with his Cure For Pain, a rather strong concoction - and delicious. If my memory serves me right, it included .5 Stagg, 1.5 Rittenhouse, Creme de Cacao, Campari, Antica, tawny port, Ango and creole bitters. Good - you bet. Great even.

I then moved on to another boozy (yeah, Brian knows what I like) one - his Jane Russell Cocktail. Rye based, with Benedictine, Antica, Grand Marnier and mole bitters to help soften the blow, it was about all I needed. I certainly didn't need to this drink, shared with my friend, but the ice is so nice, isn't it?

Death & Co. Old fashioned_1.jpg

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?