• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jean-Pierre Wybauw

sote23

Institute of Culinary Education in September 2007

Link here.

thanks kerry, i knew someone would know. Any idea what city it's in? i don't see an address or anything on their site.

Luis

I think it is in NY. On the contact us page it gives an address in NYC.

I have this idea that he is also doing a course in Miami this year, I thought it was at Johnson and Wales, but the only thing I can find is a one day thing in Providence and I can't tell if it has happened already.

Check here.

Might be worth giving them a call. Wybauw's own website only has the 2006 schedule on it.

I have this idea that he is also doing a course in Miami this year, I thought it was at Johnson and Wales, but the only thing I can find is a one day thing in Providence and I can't tell if it has happened already. 

Check here.

Might be worth giving them a call.  Wybauw's own website only has the 2006 schedule on it.

thanks kerry, I will be giving them a call. what is wybauw's website?

Check here.

Might be worth giving them a call.  Wybauw's own website only has the 2006 schedule on it.

Here you go

The man is quite a respectable fine artist as well as a chocolatier.

Check here.

Here you go

The man is quite a respectable fine artist as well as a chocolatier.

thanks again kerry, as usual your a wealth of knowledge.

Luis

he (wybauw) also sometimes does classes at ewald notter's school in florida.

notter school

i.c.e. is in nyc. it is the school that used to be known as "peter kump's cooking school" and is in chelsea (20's a little west of park ave).

i was put on a waiting list for wybauw's class in november and never received a phone call or anything, so don't hold your breath. his classes seem to fill up pretty early.

Link here.

thanks kerry, i knew someone would know. Any idea what city it's in? i don't see an address or anything on their site.

Luis

hi kerry,

jean pierre is indeed teaching in june at the notter school jun 13-15 07. its not on their calander, but i just got off the phone with them and put a deposit down.

Luis

Link here.

Luis

hi kerry,

jean pierre is indeed teaching in june at the notter school jun 13-15 07. its not on their calander, but i just got off the phone with them and put a deposit down.

Luis

Luis,

It was Alana who mentioned the Notter school. I knew I had seen it somewhere that he was going to be there, but didn't see it on the calendar either so I didn't mention it.

We are all going to have a lot of notes to compare after all these courses. Two or three (or 4) of us are attending in Chicago.

Anyone else going to be at any of his upcoming courses?

Link here.

Luis

hi kerry,

Luis

Luis,

It was Alana who mentioned the Notter school. I knew I had seen it somewhere that he was going to be there, but didn't see it on the calendar either so I didn't mention it.

We are all going to have a lot of notes to compare after all these courses. Two or three (or 4) of us are attending in Chicago.

yes, it was alana who mentioned the notter school.

I'm also attending the class at the notter school this month with andrew shotts of garrission confections.

Luis

We are all going to have a lot of notes to compare after all these courses.  Two or three (or 4) of us are attending in Chicago. 

Hey, Cool! I'm going to be in the March class at The French Pastry School in Chicago. It'll be a pleasure to meet you guys! :biggrin:

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

• 1 month later...

hi kerry,

I got a call this morning and I got into the class in chicago in march with jean pierre. will you be attending?

luis

h

Link here.

Luis

hi kerry,

Luis

Luis,

hi kerry,

I got a call this morning and I got into the class in chicago in march with jean pierre. will you be attending?

luis

This is fabulous, I wonder if any other eG'ers made it in on the waiting list? I'm there.

Check out this thread and maybe add something that you might want some information about.

Chicago in March

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

Hi everyone,

new here, but will be at the class in Chicago.  I look forward to meeting everyone who is going.  It will be nice to have people to discuss it with afterwards!

Welcome Mary,

Tell us a bit about you. Where are you coming from? Looking forward to meeting you in Chicago.

Tell us a bit about you. Where are you coming from? Looking forward to meeting you in Chicago.

I am coming from Seattle. Staying at the Hotel Monaco about a 1/2 mile away from the school. Where is everyone else staying? Excited about the class, maybe even a bit nervous!

This site is site is an incredible wealth of information, might take me a bit to get through it! Everyone seems so nice and willing to share their knowledge.

I am coming from Seattle. Staying at the Hotel Monaco about a 1/2 mile away from the school. Where is everyone else staying? Excited about the class, maybe even a bit nervous!

This site is site is an incredible wealth of information, might take me a bit to get through it! Everyone seems so nice and willing to share their knowledge.

hi mary,

welcome, it will be nice to meet you as well.

yes, this site is wonderful.

not sure where i'm staying yet as I just got in today. any suggestions anyone as to what is reasonable?

luis

hi kerry,

luis

This is fabulous, I wonder if any other eG'ers made it in on the waiting list? I'm there.

Check out this thread and maybe add something that you might want some information about.

Chicago in March

thanks kerry, I will check out the thread.

Luis