• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
sote23

Jean-Pierre Wybauw

I was late in registering for his class in march at the french pastry school, so it's filled, and was wondering if anyone knows if he is giving any other classes after this one anywhere else.

Are they taking names for a waiting list?

Institute of Culinary Education in September 2007

Link here.

thanks kerry, i knew someone would know. Any idea what city it's in? i don't see an address or anything on their site.

Luis

Are they taking names for a waiting list?

yes, they are taking names for a waiting list.

Edited by sote23 (log)

Link here.

thanks kerry, i knew someone would know. Any idea what city it's in? i don't see an address or anything on their site.

Luis

I think it is in NY. On the contact us page it gives an address in NYC.

I have this idea that he is also doing a course in Miami this year, I thought it was at Johnson and Wales, but the only thing I can find is a one day thing in Providence and I can't tell if it has happened already.

Check here.

Might be worth giving them a call. Wybauw's own website only has the 2006 schedule on it.

I have this idea that he is also doing a course in Miami this year, I thought it was at Johnson and Wales, but the only thing I can find is a one day thing in Providence and I can't tell if it has happened already. 

Check here.

Might be worth giving them a call.  Wybauw's own website only has the 2006 schedule on it.

thanks kerry, I will be giving them a call. what is wybauw's website?

Check here.

Might be worth giving them a call.  Wybauw's own website only has the 2006 schedule on it.

Here you go

The man is quite a respectable fine artist as well as a chocolatier.

Check here.

Here you go

The man is quite a respectable fine artist as well as a chocolatier.

thanks again kerry, as usual your a wealth of knowledge.

Luis

he (wybauw) also sometimes does classes at ewald notter's school in florida.

notter school

i.c.e. is in nyc. it is the school that used to be known as "peter kump's cooking school" and is in chelsea (20's a little west of park ave).

i was put on a waiting list for wybauw's class in november and never received a phone call or anything, so don't hold your breath. his classes seem to fill up pretty early.

Link here.

Luis

hi kerry,

jean pierre is indeed teaching in june at the notter school jun 13-15 07. its not on their calander, but i just got off the phone with them and put a deposit down.

Luis

Link here.

Luis

hi kerry,

jean pierre is indeed teaching in june at the notter school jun 13-15 07. its not on their calander, but i just got off the phone with them and put a deposit down.

Luis

Luis,

It was Alana who mentioned the Notter school. I knew I had seen it somewhere that he was going to be there, but didn't see it on the calendar either so I didn't mention it.

We are all going to have a lot of notes to compare after all these courses. Two or three (or 4) of us are attending in Chicago.

Anyone else going to be at any of his upcoming courses?

Link here.

Luis

hi kerry,

Luis

Luis,

It was Alana who mentioned the Notter school. I knew I had seen it somewhere that he was going to be there, but didn't see it on the calendar either so I didn't mention it.

We are all going to have a lot of notes to compare after all these courses. Two or three (or 4) of us are attending in Chicago.

yes, it was alana who mentioned the notter school.

I'm also attending the class at the notter school this month with andrew shotts of garrission confections.

Luis

We are all going to have a lot of notes to compare after all these courses.  Two or three (or 4) of us are attending in Chicago. 

Hey, Cool! I'm going to be in the March class at The French Pastry School in Chicago. It'll be a pleasure to meet you guys! :biggrin:

hi kerry,

I got a call this morning and I got into the class in chicago in march with jean pierre. will you be attending?

luis

h

Link here.

Luis

hi kerry,

Luis

Luis,

hi kerry,

I got a call this morning and I got into the class in chicago in march with jean pierre. will you be attending?

luis

This is fabulous, I wonder if any other eG'ers made it in on the waiting list? I'm there.

Check out this thread and maybe add something that you might want some information about.

Chicago in March

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

Hi everyone,

new here, but will be at the class in Chicago. I look forward to meeting everyone who is going. It will be nice to have people to discuss it with afterwards!

Hi everyone,

new here, but will be at the class in Chicago.  I look forward to meeting everyone who is going.  It will be nice to have people to discuss it with afterwards!

Welcome Mary,

Tell us a bit about you. Where are you coming from? Looking forward to meeting you in Chicago.

I'm horribly jealous of you all. Can't wait to hear the reports!

Tell us a bit about you. Where are you coming from? Looking forward to meeting you in Chicago.

I am coming from Seattle. Staying at the Hotel Monaco about a 1/2 mile away from the school. Where is everyone else staying? Excited about the class, maybe even a bit nervous!

This site is site is an incredible wealth of information, might take me a bit to get through it! Everyone seems so nice and willing to share their knowledge.

I am coming from Seattle. Staying at the Hotel Monaco about a 1/2 mile away from the school. Where is everyone else staying? Excited about the class, maybe even a bit nervous!

This site is site is an incredible wealth of information, might take me a bit to get through it! Everyone seems so nice and willing to share their knowledge.

hi mary,

welcome, it will be nice to meet you as well.

yes, this site is wonderful.

not sure where i'm staying yet as I just got in today. any suggestions anyone as to what is reasonable?

luis

hi kerry,

luis

This is fabulous, I wonder if any other eG'ers made it in on the waiting list? I'm there.

Check out this thread and maybe add something that you might want some information about.

Chicago in March

thanks kerry, I will check out the thread.

Luis

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Paul Bacino
      I want to make some candied mint leaves for a dessert. Would you blanch them first to set the color ? Dry them, coat in egg wash. Coat with confectioners sugar or super
      fine sugar ? Dry in oven at a low temp or on the counter? How long will they last?
      I will be serving this with a lemon panna cotta with a blueberry or blk berry sauce.
      Paul
    • By quiet1
      We have a local Italian bakery my mom loves, but they are very expensive and hard for her to get to. She also really likes cookbooks (she reads them even if she never cooks from them  ) so I was thinking for her birthday I could get her a cookbook that has similar cookies and cakes, and offer to make a few things for her on request also.

I'll obviously look myself, but eGullet is always well informed about the quality of cookbooks so I wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations. The thing about the Italian bakery is that the stuff they make seems to me to be not as sweet as classic American recipes, and often have more complex flavors and also are usually on the light end for whatever the item is. (Like even something that's intended to be dense doesn't have a very heavy sensation in the mouth.)
    • By jedovaty
      Hi:

I'm making some homemade peanut butter cups, but shaping them like bon bons instead.  I don't have bon bon molds, so instead I'm dipping the peanut butter centers into tempered chocolate.  As the chocolate coating sets, it contracts and my soft peanut butter center squirts out a little.  Is there a way to prevent this, or do I need to do a second dipping?  I've tried with both frozen and room temp centers (although peanut butter with a little vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar doesn't seem to freeze at all).
    • By Kerry Beal
      It's that time again - I'm the group leader for a group of newly minted Ecole Chocolat grads taking a masters course. This one is in Wieze, Belgium. You may recall my last trip as group leader for Ecole when I took a group to Valrhona in France.

I got my packing done on Sunday - was all prepared, car was to pick me up at 6 pm to drive me to the airport. Got a little suspicious when the child was late getting off the bus from school - the driver said that the highway wasn't moving well. At about 5:15 I got a call from the limo service to say that the car that was coming to get me had moved 2 car lengths in the last 30 minutes. Apparently a car roll over on the westbound lanes of highway had ejected two people into the eastbound lanes and the entire highway was closed in both directions.

So I set out in my own vehicle - which of course had no gas, and needed oil... at least the toll highway got me past the problem.  Airport wants $175/week to park - so a quick text to @Alleguede and he came to fetch my car from the airport to park in his driveway until I return.

So here I sit in the lounge awaiting my departure.

I'm doing the Jet Lag program that I have done several times before that has worked well for me. Overcoming Jet Lag, by Charles F. Ehret and Lynne Waller Scanlon. This involves food and caffeine modification. So for the past 4 days I've been drinking Rooibos Provence throughout the day and between 3 and 4:30 slugging down as much real tea as my bladder can handle! The dietary part consists of alternating days of 'feasting' and 'fasting' with high protein breakfasts and lunches and high carb dinners. I had planned to get the driver to stop at the Tim Horton's at the top of my street to pick up the black coffee that is to be taken at around 6 pm the day of travel - unfortunately as I was driving myself that didn't happen - so when I hit the lounge I drank down two cups of strong black caffeinated coffee - better late than never. I'm not much of a coffee drinker - and particularly not black. Should be good for some palpitations when I start the next part of the program which is to sleep as soon as I get on the plane!

This is a 'fasting day', 800 calories suggested - I left my carb meal until I reached the lounge.

]

One of the two cups of coffee.

These are the "Gentlemen Retire to the Library' chocolates that I posted before that I am taking along - port wine PDF and tobacco ganache. I used Sosa tobacco flavouring this time instead of a cigar so I don't have to concern myself with nicotine poisoning.

• By pastrygirl
      I'm watching The Sweet Makers on BBC - four British pastry chefs & confectioners recreate Tudor, Georgian, and Victorian sweets with petiod ingredients and equipment. A little British Baking Show, a little Downtown Abbey. 

Check it it out for a slice of pastry history. 

BBC viewer only available to the U.K., but on this side of the pond where there's a will, there's a way.