• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

IQF Sour Cherries

foodite

I was clearing out my freezer and found that I have a quart container of frozen sour cherries that I pitted and stored from the Summer still in there.

Yesterday, I cooked some of them down in a little simple syrup and served them as a condiment to seared duck breast and it was great, but now I'm looking for some pastry usage for them. I still have about 3-3 1/2 cups left.

Any suggestions?

Sour Cherry Pie -

Basically just sour cherries, a little tapioca, sugar, and 1/2 a cup cherry juice along with some almond extract in a pie shell. Lattice cover it and there you go.

Eating pizza with a fork and knife is like making love through an interpreter.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions - I think I'm going to go with the Black Forest and if I have any left maybe just a simple clafouti or pound cake!

And persiancook - I'm going to have to save one just to try your suggestion!