• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Alligator Soul

We are looking for a good restaurant to have dinner before we see Blue Man Group in Everett on Feb. 2. We have found Alligator Soul across the street from the Everett Events Center. The menu on their website looks interesting and the reviews from folks on various websites look good.

Have an e-gulleters been there? Would love to hear what you think.

I've been--it's been a few years, so I can't recall details, but I remember enjoying it quite a bit.

Didn't know Blue Man was going to be there--thanks for the tip! We saw them in Las Vegas and it was the nearest thing to a really good acid trip, minus the drugs. We might see you at the restaurant, and the show!

MaryMc

Seattle, WA

• 7 months later...

I haven't been - yet. I just found out about the place, searching the 'net for their amazing chipotle mayo. They don't sell it online, and I can't find it in stores around Seattle any more, so I'm going on a day trip! If the meal is halfway decent, and they let me buy a crate of the mayo, I'll be one happy camper.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to take so long to get back. We drove up that weekend from Magnolia, got to within a few blocks, and the car's brakes started smoking and we had to pull over. Naturally, I let hubby wait for the AAA guy while I went to Alligator Soul! No lunch, sadly, had to get back, but they did sell me two gallons of the mayo! Sad to say, though, that's probably the last time they'll sell it to a customer (I think I just caught them by surprise). It turns out that the current owners bought the restaurant and the recipe about three years ago, and they had it bottled by a company in Kent, which sold it in area grocery stores. That company recently (a few months ago) said they no longer were going to bottle it, and they sold the rest of their inventory back to the restaurant, which is using it up. Then I guess they'll start making it in-house again, but just for their own use. So I'm doling it out very parsimoniously while I try to replicate it.

Big trip with friends planned for some weekend soon. I hear that on Saturday nights there's great music, and from what I saw and the aromas I inhaled while waiting for the mayo, the food, I'm sure, is great! I've talked to several people here at work who are regulars and love the place as much for the entertainment as the food.

Edited to remove a stupid misplaced apostrophe.

Edited by Special K (log)