• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate fountain

Desiderio

Someone is having a party on New year's eve and asked me if I knew how to prevent the chocolate in the fountain to get thick with the cold .The only thing I can think is adding more cocoa butter to his chocolate or using one of those chocolates made specifically for fountains .Any other ideas ?

Another question was adding alchol to the chocolate and I thought that wasnt a good idea because it would thicken the chocolate etc etc.Is that possible ?In any form?

Thank you again in advance :biggrin:

Vanessa

Someone is having a party on New year's eve and asked me if I knew how to prevent the chocolate in the fountain to get thick with the cold .The only thing  I can think is adding more cocoa butter to his chocolate or using one of those chocolates  made specifically for fountains .Any other ideas ?

Another question was adding alchol to the chocolate and  I thought that wasnt a good idea because it would thicken the chocolate etc etc.Is that possible ?In any form?

Thank you again in advance :biggrin:

You are supposed to add oil or cocoa butter to thin out the chocolate anyway. Once you get to the consistency you want, the fountain I have actually keeps the chocolate warm so you don't have to worry about it getting cold. Check and see if that particular model has a heating element.

• 2 weeks later...