• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for small chocolate enrober

Rhubarb

I recently heard tell of a small sized (table-top?) chocolate enrober--I didn't know such a thing existed, but it's exactly what I need.  Anybody familiar with such a thing?  Know any distributors?

Hilliard makes a little one that I have seen in action. It attaches to their little dipper temperer. I seem to recall there was discussion about this once before and some people thought it was too small. I'll see if I can find the link. Meanwhile check out www.hilliardschocolate.com and look for the 6 inch coater.

Did Kitchen Aid make an enrober attachment or am I smoking crack?

It was like $500?

???

I think they did...

I wonder if you are thinking of a coating pan. It's around $500 and fits on a kitchen aid, but made by debuyer in France.

Here?

Yes, I thought the tumbler thing was called an enrober but I got the names mixed up didn't I?

The coating pan tumbles things and the enrober showers a water fall (chocolatefall really) stream of chocolate onto product traveling through it on a conveyor belt?

Yes, I thought the tumbler thing was called an enrober but I got the names mixed up didn't I?

The coating pan tumbles things and the enrober showers a water fall (chocolatefall really) stream of chocolate onto product traveling through it on a conveyor belt?

Yup, but I think the tumbled things are still referred to as enrobed, hence the confusion.

Yup, but I think the tumbled things are still referred to as enrobed, hence the confusion.

My ego appreciates your generosity. :raz: