• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Chef in the Hat" cookbook, Thierry Rautureau

white lotus

Greetings and pre-new years salutations. A dear friend of mine was gifted an evening (Jan. 9, 2007) with Chef Rautureau or Rover's in Seattle, where he will come to her house and prepare a meal with wine complements. Neither she or I have the cookbook yet as Amazon is due to deliver it anytime. I haven't had a chance to get to Rover's yet as well. She has asked me to request feedback from you all as she needs to get back to him by the begining of January. Any good recipes you have tried from the cookbook? What do you think would make a great meal? Many thanks... :rolleyes: wl

Not sure if it's in the book but I shamelessly borrowed a recipe of his from a magazine and it's one of our go-to entrees. Essentially a salmon filet is butterflied, spinach laid atop it, the salmon is rolled, tied and grilled. I think I started adding some pine nuts to the filling somewhere along the line. Simple and scrumptious.

I am so jealous. Enjoy whatever he makes for you.

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

Many thanks Moosnsqrl, Jbonne and Malarky (via PM) for your thoughts. I have cut/paste your responses and forwarded them to my friend Cheryl. Please let me know if you have any other good ideas. I will report back in a couple of weeks the menu, wine and if I am lucky to learn how to upload photos by then, a few photos. Cheers, wl :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I know your friend's dinner has past but just wanted to say that Della made the crab salad, the butter poached scallops and the oxtail with foie gras and quail egg- all were great but that oxtail rocks!

We made the soft scrambled egg with lime creme fraiche and caviar as well as the orange panna cotta with pomegranate sorbet. both were fantastic!