• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oops!

patti

Immediately after I put my three cheese scalloped potatoes in the oven, I noticed the unopened stick of butter on the counter. The dish is rich with cheeses and cream, should I leave well enough alone, or try to sneak the butter in when I remove the foil from the top of the pan midway though cooking?

Dear Food: I hate myself for loving you.

Immediately after I put my three cheese scalloped potatoes in the oven, I noticed the unopened stick of butter on the counter. The dish is rich with cheeses and cream, should I leave well enough alone, or try to sneak the butter in when I remove the foil from the top of the pan midway though cooking?

I think if you add it later it will still turn out alright?

SB (per Julia, if there's a noticable difference pretend "that's the way it's supposed to be" :wink: )