• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Q: Sourcing Raw Ingredients

Your menu as it appears on the restaurant website sounds full of really enticing dishes (that terrine of pork cheek sounds great by the way) and it would appear that getting hold of whatever it is you want to cook with is not a problem.

What would you say is the best, or your favourite, out of the local produce available to you. Is there in fact anything you can't get that you would really like to be able to.

Andy,

I kind of touched on this subject in an earlier question I believe, I would have to say the pine mushroom is really something else, I never saw them in the UK but there just incredible. Oh yeah Forum Cabernet Sauvingon Vinegar !!!! and Red Mullet !!!

But remember it really doesn't work importing to much, we have some fantastic local products just diffucult getting a hold of them sometimes.

DH