• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spanish Restaurants in Sydney

Two suggestions for you: Capitan Torres, Liverpool St, CBD (http://www.capitantorres.com.au/) or Spanish Terazas, CBD.

Capitan Torres makes the most beautiful paella dish for two, which is full of tasty seafood and sausage. It's my favourite thing to do for lunch in the whole of the city. However, buyer beware, if you rock up an hour ate for your booking, they may pay you back with bad food.......

Spanish Terazas is a nearby restaurant also in the Spanish Quarter of Sydney, which doesn't open for weekend lunches. I've never been, but a good friends & my husband rate the tapas there. Service gets dodgy when busy.

If you're travelling to other cities, I would highly recommend the tapas at Movida De Tapas (Melbourne) and Duende (Perth).

Thanks for everyone's recommendations. My friends and I will check them out.

We had a late dinner at Capitan Torres a few weeks ago. We tried a few tapas. They were decent but nothing to write home about. Sounds like we need to go back and try their paella.

Thanks again!