• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Leftover Beef Tenderloin

goldie

I made a delicious beef tenderloin (very simple with a mustard-herb crust) last night to celebrate Hannukah with friends and way overestimated their appetites. So, I have at least a pound and a half of leftover beef. Normally this would be a nonissue, except we have had beef stroganoff and roast beef (two days of it warmed up) in the last week. Needless to say, there is no interest in my home for those two items. Does anyone have a creative idea to use up the leftovers?

Thanks!

My favourite way to use up leftover beef tenderloin or prime rib is in Beef Dip Sandwiches. It is the one thing I get the big electric slicer out for. Sliced thin and stacked on a French Baguette and dipped in beef jus. Soooo good. I don't like leftover beef recooked in something else.

Ann

saute some onions and chilies, cut the tenderloin into strips toss it with them melt some provolone on the mix, and stuff into some soft rolls with a little hot sauce. if your crowd can resist cheesesteaks then you might as well give up.