• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Silver anodised bakeware

Waterzoy

I have some silver anodised baking tins which unfortunately have had a spin in the dishwasher. The appearance of the tins is now spoilt but does anyone know if the dishwasher actually affects the performance of the tin, perhaps making it 'stick' in places next time I use them? I am hoping that the fact they are a bit unsightly now is the limit of the damage done.

I have some silver anodised baking tins which unfortunately have had a spin in the dishwasher. The appearance of the tins is now spoilt but does anyone know if the dishwasher actually affects the performance of the tin, perhaps making it 'stick' in places next time I use them? I am hoping that the fact they are a bit unsightly now is the limit of the damage done.

Yes, I try to keep mine out of the dishwasher for the same reason. They look like poo from those chemicals. But they should be fine. Some of the bundt type non-stick pans can be permanently damaged in there. So I try to wash all my cake pans by hand. Those soaps are gentler. But you should be fine. I mean I paper line my cake pans anyway so sticking is not an option anyway.