• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trezo Mare (North Kansas City)

joiei

upscale Italian fish house, I was not able to find a web site for the place. Here is the body of an email I sent to a couple of friends

Huge dining room, acceptable noise level, decent menu - definitely looks like an upscale chain driven thing, they do have an eating counter by the open kitchen, the staff is well versed in the menu, the lobster and asparagus tempura was very good, my soup - an asparagus puree with topica caviar came way too quickly and was left to cool on the table while I finished the tempura.  The day boat scallops (grilled) were perfectly medium rare, the chive hollandaise was a touch too sallty.  The sqiud risotto with ink was beautifully done but once again too salty.  By this time I was too full to go desserts even though portion sizes were somewhat uunder control.  Cost - $63 and no wine

I will try to post more coherently in the morning.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

On my drive home yesterday, I have decided that Treza Mare is like an upscale Bonefish Grill. It is a shame they didn't take better use of the view like what I saw from the parking lot. The lights of Kansas City were very pretty. Why is it that people who build restaurants do not take advantage of site location? To have a window wall on that side of the restaurant would of been killer and a selling point.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

On my drive home yesterday, I have decided that Treza Mare is like an upscale Bonefish Grill.  It is a shame they didn't take better use of the view like what I saw from the parking lot.  The lights of Kansas City were very pretty.  Why is it that people who build restaurants do not take advantage of site location?  To have a window wall on that side of the restaurant would of been killer and a selling point.

That's funny. Can you imagine if Green's had a solid brick wall on the Golden Gate side?

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

• 4 weeks later...
P.S. It's "Trezo Mare," FYI.

I stand corrected. We have too much ice around right now to deal with the real world, and they are saying accumulating snow this coming weekend. UGH>

Does anyone know Denman Farms poultry? I noticed it on the Trezo Mare menu. Since most places around town (those who bother to list the provenance of their poultry) feature Campo Lindo so I became curious. Googling turns up places in MS, NE and KY but nothing really near here.

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

Does anyone know Denman Farms poultry?  I noticed it on the Trezo Mare menu.  Since most places around town (those who bother to list the provenance of their poultry) feature Campo Lindo so I became curious.  Googling turns up places in MS, NE and KY but nothing really near here.

Judy, have you been to TM? If so, how was it?

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

Does anyone know Denman Farms poultry?  I noticed it on the Trezo Mare menu.  Since most places around town (those who bother to list the provenance of their poultry) feature Campo Lindo so I became curious.  Googling turns up places in MS, NE and KY but nothing really near here.

To answer your question (which I failed to do in my previous post), it's the one in KS, actually - somewhere out near Larrytown is what I remember being told...

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

Judy, have you been to TM? If so, how was it?

Nope - we've had two aborted missions due to weather-related delays of our prospective fellow diners. I have to be honest, though, the website cooled my enthusiasm a bit. I'll probably try it just because it's there (like Everest - the moutain, not the restaurant :wink:) but it doesn't strike me as a place I will frequent unless the food is incomprable. The vibe seems a little too slick and packaged (and WTF's up with the upholstery? :shock: It's enough to put me off of my feed!)

M.F.K. Fisher

my meal the other night was overall very pleasant. Service was friendly but not so experienced (notice I didn't say "professional"). If you have a chance to check out the private wine room, they have a F&W Best New Chefs 2006 Chef's Jacket all signed by big name chefs including E.Ripert, Keller, Boulud, Bouley, Jean George, etc.

The desserts were tasty...I like the candied Walnuts, very crunchy and not the kind that sticks to your teeth. Apple Sponge Cake was very dense but it was pleasurable. I really liked that it was soaked in some kind of rum syrup.

A little dissapointed in the decor....I just don't think it matched well, especially with the style of food that they were trying to achieve.

They should use white linen table clothes or even just bare tables. The two strips of green linen that drapped over the table were just in the way and kept wading up. As well as the fact that everytime you wanted to move something such as a wine glass...forks were going with it.

I, myself enjoyed the saltiness of some of there dishes... but if you have complaints...I could see why. A bit expensive, so bring good company to share the evening with (atleast just so you can try out different dishes)

"cuisine is the greatest form of art to touch a human's instinct" - chairman kaga