• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dutched Cocoa Powder in CC?

ellencho

Anyone else notice it's awfully hard to find dutched cocoa powder? The only places I've seen it sold was at the Spice terminal for nearly 9 bucks a box, or at Trader Joe's where they no longer carry it. Maybe Di Bruno's has it? But I bet it'd be awfully expensive. Maybe Nuts to You?

Believe me, I tied my shoes once, and it was an overrated experience - King Jaffe Joffer, ruler of Zamunda

Anyone else notice it's awfully hard to find dutched cocoa powder? The only places I've seen it sold was at the Spice terminal for nearly 9 bucks a box, or at Trader Joe's where they no longer carry it. Maybe Di Bruno's has it? But I bet it'd be awfully expensive. Maybe Nuts to You?

I order it from King Arthur Flour.

SB (lots of other stuff too :cool:)

I do too, but my sister stole my unopened lb bag before I got a chance to use any of it and she's all the way up in Boston. I'm planning to order it again after the holidays, but I was hoping to find it before then :(

Believe me, I tied my shoes once, and it was an overrated experience - King Jaffe Joffer, ruler of Zamunda

Believe it or not, I've bought it at supermarkets. Not all have it, and I haven't looked lately. FWIW, Hershey's Special Dark cocoa is a Dutch process cocoa; given Hershey's distribution strength I imagine you can find it in many supermarkets.

I use the Hershey's special dark. It's good stuff, it got a very good rating from Cook's Illustrated. Try the Hershey's black magic cake. So moist and so delicious.

I just found Droste on sale at Super Fresh in Wynnewood. 5.99 if you have your super saver card. Sweet. Thanks everyone.