• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

private rooms?

Endy'

can anyone recommend some restaurants that have a private room that would accomodate 15-20 people? The party in question aren't foodies nor overly fussy eaters; the restaurant doesn't have to be of the bland-and-boring boneless-skinless-chicken-breasts variety, nor does it have to be pushing any culinary boundaries. Price range should be ~$50/person before tax tips wine.

-it'll be between Christmas and New Year's, so it needs to be someplace open during that stretch.

-there will be 2 younger kids in the party, so *really* boring/quiet/dark places might not work well (they should be generally well-behaved, and with a private room I don't imagine a little leg-stretching inside the room is an issue).

-I've been asked to exclude Chinese, and I think all other East Asian -- we have too much of it already.

-downtown works, as does Richmond Hill / North York (or places between downtown and RH). Outliers like Scarborough and Etobicoke would be more difficult.

-only allergy I'm aware of is crab/lobster (shrimp is apparently OK) so I think we're ok there.

-I have to eat too, so I'd prefer a place that has more than chicken-beef-salmon ;)

thanks for the advice.

Edited by Endy' (log)

can anyone recommend some restaurants that have a private room that would accomodate 15-20 people? >

Bymark has private rooms for that size. It is a bit dark, but with the size of the room, the kidlets can run around or play in a corner.

Of course, the food is most excellent

k!

• 3 months later...