• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where To Buy Petit Fours In Northern NJ?

maddog5150

Greetings gang,

The wife and I will be guests at a friend's house for Christmas Eve. The host absolutely loves petit fours and will go gaga like a cat with catnip if we procure some for him.

Can anyone tip me off on where to find good ones in Northern NJ? I live in Roseland but I am willing to drive a bit to find the good stuff.

Thanks!

Pete

A friend just mentioned these to me...said she used to get them from a bakery in Clifton. I'll ask her about it if that's not too far for you.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Directly from my friend, who is VERY particular about her sweets...

"Allwood Bakery, Market Street.

However, he can order them through Divine Delights on www.devinedelights.com. They have a more extensive selection, including coffee, strawberry, etc. They

also make petit fours according to holidays. I tried some once; like all petit fours, they were sweet, but the variety (coffee, chocolate) got me."

Go forth, and over-indulge!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Greetings gang,

The wife and I will be guests at a friend's house for Christmas Eve. The host absolutely loves petit fours and will go gaga like a cat with catnip if we procure some for him.

Can anyone tip me off on where to find good ones in Northern NJ?  I live in Roseland but I am willing to drive a bit to find the good stuff.

Thanks!

Pete

Should be able to find them at Balthazar on Dean St in Englewood. Best bakery on this side of the Hudson.

...if it is not too late, B& W Bakery has the most delicious, freshly made, petit fours , located on Main Street in Hackensack (the back parking lot area of Target, or if you know where Gilda's Club is located, across the street and one block towrds route 4--

This time of year you may want to order ahead of time --

jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler